Pittsburgh Pennsylvania – AHN Mobile Testing Unit
From: Allegheny Health Network Press Room
The AHN initiative, launched earlier this month, aims to reach underserved western Pennsylvania areas, providing enhanced access to care for a wider and more diverse range of patients. To date, the mobile unit has served patients throughout Pittsburgh’s Homewood and Hill District communities.
“Ensuring everyone is able to get tested for COVID-19 is absolutely essential. Unfortunately, this virus has impacted minority populations across the Commonwealth the hardest. Now, more than ever, is the time to take action and ensure our most vulnerable populations have equal access to testing,” said State Rep. Austin Davis who serves the city of Duquesne as part of the 35th district. “I want to personally thank Highmark, Allegheny Healthy Network and other members of the Pittsburgh Black Elected Officials Coalition for their leadership in bringing this resource to the Mon Valley.”
To undergo COVID testing at the AHN mobile clinics, patients should either be experiencing symptoms consistent with the virus – including fever, cough and shortness of breath – or believe they are at risk due to contact with someone with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis. A physician’s order IS NOT required for an appointment at AHN’s mobile clinic, but an appointment is necessary. Patients can make an appointment by calling AHN’s 24/7 Nurse On Call-line (412-NURSE4U – or 412-687-7348).
Those who make appointments for AHN’s mobile testing should be aware of the following:
- Patients will be given a specific appointment window, in order to minimize wait times.
- Patients will walk through a secured, marked area.
- No outdoor restrooms will be available at the collection locations.
- The sample is collected via a nasal swab and the process typically takes less than 30 seconds, not including any wait times.
- Testing results for the coronavirus typically take 5-7 days, depending on regional test volume. Individuals will be contacted directly with their results. As volumes increase, wait times for results may be longer.
- While waiting for their test results, individuals should stay at home. Those who receive positive COVID-19 test results may be issued additional care orders or self-isolation orders.
AHN also continues to make COVID-19 testing available at the following community locations:
- AHN Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion, 12311 Perry Highway, Wexford PA 15090
- AHN Bethel Park Health + Wellness Pavilion, 990 Higbee Dr., Bethel Park PA 15102
- 4220 William Penn Highway, Monroeville PA , 15146
- AHN West Side Health + Wellness Pavilion, 4247 Ridge Road, Erie PA 16506
- AHN Braddock Urgent Care, 501 Braddock Ave., Braddock PA 15104
- The former Divine Providence/Kindred Hospital, 1004 Arch St., Pittsburgh PA 15212
- Heights Plaza Shopping Center, 1828 Union Ave., Natrona Heights, PA 15065
Hours of operation vary at the testing sites and can be found at https://www.ahn.org/coronavirus/where-to-go-for-help/testing.